Friday, June 14, 2013

Poem: Nature and Eye

What is to live a life without smile
When he gazed at me I just saw an eye to eye
I, and this world are seeing each other
Eye, and this world, both mutant, are seeing this world

In his oddities, in his feverishness
In his sunrise, in his suntan
In his summer, in his songs
I see a silent giant of past

From strange self to self estranged
I traverse a land of kites
From head to tail, waves alone

Where is to hide from this world of disguise
Where there is no fading meadows
Where there are no loving nests
Where there is only one abode left

Keeping an eye closer to chest
I ventured a stalking night
I pierced my own darkness and pains
I pitied my own thorns of flesh

How do they talk to my other
How do they eye my shadows
Do they really see my distant dreams

Nature and I, we see each other
Nature and I, we saw each other
Nature and I, we steal each other
Nature and I, we step in to each other
And that brings me home to the land of kites

+Gokul Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment