Monday, June 10, 2013

Poem: When I wake up as a Chess board !

This may have ended up as a puzzle
Or a game of chances lost in past
Or a maze of doors locked in between
Or a face of jumbled senses and ages
But I have set a few secret questions
Of a PoetQuest, Of an Intellect Explorer

... I gaze and whisper like a wicked ship

When I wake up
I may be a myth of oceans
I may hold my breathing tree
I may swap my will to pieces

When I kindle my spirits
I may have lost its sheen
I may have weathered a blindness
I may become a rattling snake
I may spite poison or ashes
I may turn coat and wind my needles

When I behold my tongue
I must have lost my love for answers
I must have lost my urge to question
I must have lost my repulse to regrets
I must have lost my naked skins
I must have lost my purple wishes

When I bask in memories of mist
I should pay back my solitude
I should shrink my veins
I should crush my irons
I should fresh my fist
I should flesh my love

Else for all and others in time
I am a chess board of nine lives
Seven colors and just two lives left

+Gokul Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment