Tuesday, March 5, 2013

From Macbeth to Othello: A Song for all the Blood Bathers


A Song for all the Blood Bathers

This poem is born out of pure anguish on a system where we embrace the illusions and deny the realities. This verse has a lot of pretexts, named blood bathers' and has no particular context as this will define and redefine the context... Please continue to read!

At least I know, the value of my sweat
That it never stinks
Even if it is as old as my memories
Even if it is as deep as my wounds
Even it is wiped out of my bones
Even when it is ironed out of my skull

At least I know the pain of my eyes
When they return a moist and wind
When they roam islands for miles and hours
When they blink endless like mermaids
When they blind me with mulititudes

At least I know the pain of my words
When they are only harsh at my loved ones
When they have to be sweetened for my foes
When they have to be coated for all sort of crooks
When they have to be licked for all those leeches

At least I miss the breathing second for a while
Though I exist and continue to exist
Knowing that I exist and I continue to perish
Unknowing that I perish and continue to exist

At least I know I am moving beyond all horizons
Because Sea has never been so vast
Because Shores have never been so narrow
Because Streets have never been so silky
Because Snakes have never been so plenty

At least now you know
that I am not blind like an owl
that I don't dig like a mice
that I dont't degenerate like a soil
that I don't despair like a lover
thatt I don't believe in your lies
that I don't see any cages ahead
that I have words at my mercy
that I can sketch my wounds
that remember to forget
that I forget to remember

#Gokul [  Read, Rationalize, Revolutionize ]

No comments:

Post a Comment