Sunday, March 10, 2013

An Ode to Darkness


A pitch blend
A carbon black
A lead pebble
A curl of roots and leaves
A radiant jewel of beaches
A curse of blindfolded wisdom
A mind of wrinkled viscera
A myth of worms and walkers
I know various colors of darkness
I know they pity them
That I knew them never before

My eyes ever loved the red
Even the seaweeds were rose petals underneath
I know they laugh at me
When I shy away at their dark bloods now

Odor of black
Order of melancholy
Odd tints of mud
Ordains of minced meats
Ornamental rituals
Orifices of blood and fury
Even dark leaves of olive
Elliptical curves of iris
Eclipse of the daring moon
Enigma of the dying mountains
Energy of the clouding ashes
I know they play with me now
When I wanted them to silence my foes

Darkness never fails its preys
Darkness never feels its depths
Darkness never perishes at nights
Darkness never ages with lights
Darkness never climbs any mountains
Darkness never mourns at any death
As it knows only to survive its days and dreams

#Gokul

No comments:

Post a Comment